For many tattoos it is best to come to the shop for a consultation first. If you would like to schedule an initial consultation, you can book online with us 24/7. Once the artist confirms your consultation you will receive a text and e-mail notification confirming the appointment.
Tattooing sessions need to be booked directly with your artist so that they can allot an accurate amount of time to complete your tattoo and for an accurate price quote since many variables can impact pricing such as detail, color, shading, etc. Be sure to send your design or ideas to your artist a couple of days before the appointment so your design will be ready at the time of your appointment. Before your appointment, please do not drink alcohol or take painkillers. It is recommended to eat something before your session.
The hourly shop rate is $150 and the shop minimum is $60. This price can vary at the artist's discretion.
Tattoo After-Care Instructions
- Leave the wrap on 2-3 hours after tattooed, then remove the wrap and clean the tattoo gently but thoroughly with unscented antibacterial soap using your hand. Pat dry and then allow to air dry for an additional 2-3 minutes. Apply new, clean wrap with NO OINTMENT and leave on until the morning. At that time properly cleanse the tattooed area using antibacterial soap. Ink and plasma are normal to rinse off. Air dry for 2-3 minutes and then begin daily after care.
- You may use a VERY THIN layer of Aquaphor or preferred tattoo salve daily for the first week. DO NOT OVERUSE these products. Peeling is a normal part of healing. DO NOT PEEL OFF THE SKIN. This can cause loss of color and skips in your tattoo. Allow the peeling to resolve itself organically; it will fall off when it is ready. Once peeling is complete or a week has passed, you may switch to daily use of unscented lotion like Lubriderm.
- For at least two weeks, minimize exposure to the sun, and discourage swimming in fresh, salt, or chlorinated water.
- Use sterile bandage(s) or other sterile dressing(s) when necessary.
- Consult a health care practitioner at the first sign of infection or an allergic reaction, and report any diagnosed infection, allergic reaction, or adverse reaction resulting from the tattoo to the artist and to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Drugs and Medical Devices Group, at 1-888-839-6676.
Piercings may be scheduled online anytime. All piercings include your choice of style of implant-grade titanium jewelry. We do not pierce with surgical steel or other low-grade metals. Using only the highest quality jewelry eliminates the chance for rejection, migration, hypertrophic scarring, or other adverse reactions to ensure a healthy heal. Additionally we regularly have 14k gold jewelry options from Junipurr and Buddha Jewelry Organics.
For all ear piercings on children under 8 years old, our piercer Sam suggests calling ahead and speaking directly with her. This will give her an opportunity to discuss the piercing process, how to best prepare your child, and answer any questions you may have. Piercings for children are scheduled for one hour to give Sam the uninterrupted time she needs to move at your child's pace and to make it an empowering and positive experience for the entire family. Also, generally Sam recommends waiting until babies are 6 months old in most cases for their first ear piercing.
PLEASE NOTE: All piercings for minors must meet the state's requirements for identification, including:
-parent or guardian must be present in the room at the time of the piercing
-parent or guardian must have a valid photo ID
-minor child must have identification; examples: state ID, military ID, school ID, year book, or other photo with name identification
-the BIRTH CERTIFICATE of the minor child must be present, in hand; no copies can be accepted
Please contact the shop and speak to Sam or Ariana if you have any questions about the piercing process or the document requirements.
Pricing for piercings is as follows:
$90 ear lobes for adults, $100 for kids (11 and under).
$60 for each piercing on the ear, nostril, lip, tongue, or navel.
$70 for floating navel.
$90 for industrial.
$95 for dermal or bridge.
$100 for nipples.
**$10.00 off for additional piercings on the same person during the same visit!
Piercing After-Care Instructions
Remember the number 1 rule: DON'T TOUCH IT! A piercing is a commitment! Until it is fully healed it is an open wound. Touching it with what can easily be unclean hands, playing with your jewelry, or otherwise traumatizing it can easily lead to infection, hypertrophic scarring or "piercing bumps", discomfort, and prolonged healing times. Healing times vary from person to person but generally are 3 to 6 months to fully heal. Your piercing does strengthen with each passing day but it must be cared for to fully heal and become durable. When its time to downsize or change your jewelry, be sure to schedule these follow ups with your piercer. Should you run into troubles, please schedule a follow up or otherwise contact your piercer for direction, before you attempt anything not directed below.
TIPS- Sam always recommends NeilMed Piercing Aftercare or Elektrics which are available for purchase at the shop. Remember to always keep your piercing dry! After you shower, you can use a hair dryer on cool or low to dry out any access fluid from your piercing. This is a SUPER HELPFUL TIP! Also, if you think you have an infection or a problem NEVER TAKE YOUR JEWELRY OUT! Your piercing will quickly close, trapping inside whatever 'yuckies' may need to be dried out. Contact Sam or Ariana for direction before acting.
Week 1 - Inflammatory. Swelling, redness and clear fluid are normal. Ice ice baby!
Week 2-4 - Healing. Yellow 'crusties' form, don't pick them! They have a purpose in your healing and will keep your piercing safe from dirt, debris, and other germs. Allow the 'crusties' to resolve themselves organically.
Week 5 - Maturation. Redness should be mostly gone. Still clean the piercing daily.
Week 6 - Downsizing! Schedule a follow up appointment, so that we me update your jewelry to something more fitted, as you no longer need room for swelling, and the extra length may become hazardous! It's easily snagged once it becomes super roomy!
- Use alcohol-free mouth rinse 2x a day (maximum!!). You may use the mouthwash you purchased from us, or, any other ALCOHOL FREE option.
- Follow FACIAL aftercare for lip piercings.
- Ice and cold drinks during healing.
- Swelling is normal for 2 weeks.
- Eat soft foods during initial healing and do not drink BEER or any other beverage that contains yeast. You may drink any other liquor.
- Rinse with cold water after every meal.
- Do NOT play with jewelry at all.
- Downsize jewelry in 4-6 weeks.
- Healing can take up to 3 months.
FACIAL, EAR, & TORSO
- Soak 2x a day with your NEILMED PIERCING AFTERCARE.
- 1/2 fill and flip a shot-glass or other small cup for navel/nipple. Elsewhere soak using gauze pads.
- Alternatively you can also spray 2x daily with NEILMED PIERCING AFTERCARE SPRAY
- Be sure to rinse off excess saline in shower.
- Do not turn/twist jewelry, do not touch it, do not pick off the protective "crusties" your body forms.
- Ice for first 24-48hrs.
- Lasonil anti-bruising cream on red areas. 2x a day for 3 days works well, BUT I would recommend not using these creams if you can avoid it and allow bruising to resolve organically.
- Don't pick crusties or blood.
- Let dry out, don't cover after day 1.
- Be very careful not to catch!
- Anchor's heal in around 1 month.
- Don't change the head yourself until you have had this piercing for some time and have experience changing it. Schedule your first change as a follow up appointment!
- Gold and sterling silver can be problematic during the first 6 months.
- Sleeping on or bumping your piercing will slow healing and cause irritation bumps. Be gentle and consider a neck pillow, if you are a rough sleeper!
-Hot chamomile tea bag compress soaks reduce bumps and increases blood flow.
- Oral piercings that are constantly played with will rip and cause white bumpy scar tissue. Saline rinses, Aspro Clear and honey can help to reduce bumps.
- Using alcohol wipes, Dettol, betadine, Listerine or any harsh products will harm your piercing. WE KNOW WAY MORE NOW THAN WE DID 10 YEARS AGO! Stick to gentle aftercare and DONT TOUCH IT! PATIENCE IS KEY WITH BODY PIERCINGS!
Children-Parents should be checking their children's piercings until they are fully healed. Redness, swelling, or any problems should be discussed with your piercer, so that you may get DIRECTION BEFORE YOU ACT! Don't panic or worry! Kids are generally more rough, less aware of dirty hands, and forget not to touch at times. It happens! Problems are easily addressed and fixed, just give Sam a shout for help.
We look forward to